Day camps at Oregon Zoo are a great way to connect kids and nature. Campers explore little known areas of the zoo, learn about animals by meeting them face to face and leave inspired to care for the natural world. Each day will feature a unique journey through the zoo in which campers solve quests to unlock the mysteries of the animal kingdom. Each day of camp includes age appropriate games, songs, stories, snacks, an animal visitor, and zoo tour. Children may attend one or more days.
Cost and registration
- Cost: $41 per person per day for zoo members and $48 per person per day for non-members
- Dates: December 19-22 and 28-29
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m
- Grades: Kindergarten through 4th grade (Campers are grouped by grade with 3-4th grade combined.)
- Lunch: Campers can pack their own lunch or purchase sack lunch for an additional $6.00 per day.
- Extended Care:Late Care, from 3:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m., is available for an additional $8 per day.
2016 winter break camp themes:
- Monday, December 19: Savanna Safari
- Tuesday, December 20: Our Big Backyard
- Wednesday, December 21: Aviary Adventures
- Thursday, December 22: Presents for Pachyderms & Primates
- Wednesday, December 28: Fantastic Forests
- Thursday, December 29: Awesome Oceans