Bring your students to the Oregon Zoo for an outdoor adventure that will ignite their imagination and build on classroom learning. The information on this page is designed to make the best experiences for you, your chaperones, and your students.
How to Reserve Your Field Trip
Follow the steps below to schedule your field trip experience. If you have questions, please contact 503-226-1567 for further assistance or view our FAQs.
Step 1: Meet the criteria
Ensure that your group meets our school group rate criteria and qualifies for our school group rate.
School group rate criteria
- Any accredited public or private school, preschool through 12th grade, state-registered daycare or homeschool group from Oregon or Washington
- Admission for the group is purchased at least two weeks in advance of your chosen date
- Minimum group size is nine participants
- Maintain a minimum ratio of 1 adult chaperone for every eight students. Please note that chaperone admissions must be purchased at the same time as the student school group admissions. Membership benefits can not be applied to school group admission.
- Commit to chaperoning students at all times while on the zoo grounds
School group rates
- Admission prices are $4 per person.
- Chaperones pay the same rate as students, miniumum one chaperone per every eight students. Additional chaperones are permitted at the school group rate. Membership benefits may not be applied to school group admissions.
- The zoo recommends buying the minimum amount of admissions in advance. If needed, additional tickets can be purchased on the day of your visit.
- Starting July 1, 2017: All admissions for your group will be issued on one master ticket. If there are any unused admissions on that ticket, you may redeem them at a later date (up to one year from initial field trip date). No refunds will be issued.
- Membership benefits cannot be used for school group admission.
Step 2: Choose a date for your visit
The zoo is open every day, except Christmas. Field trips are welcome during regular zoo hours.
Step 3: Reserve your field trip date
Click here to make reservations for your school group. You will be guided through the registration process, including payment options, using the zoo's online registration system. You will receive a confirmation email once your registration is complete. PLEASE NOTE: Orders not paid within one week of your reservation date will be cancelled.
Are you modifying or paying for an existing reservation? Click here to log in to your account, make changes and/or pay for your trip.
Step 4: Receive tickets
The zoo Admission Office will mail your group ticket within two weeks of the date or order to the address indicated on your registration form.
Step 5: Read your Field Trip Information Guide
This guide contains important information about your field trip including emergency information and FAQs.
Step 6: Choose a fun age-appropriate chaperone activity guide.
These fun-filled guides are a great way to enhance your students' experience at the Zoo. Use the map included in each guide to chart your Zoo adventure.
- Colors and Shapes – Pre K – 1st
- Fur, Feathers and Scales – 1st – 2nd
- Adaptations – 3rd – 5th
- Zooventures for Schools – Pre K – 5th
Step 7: Print and distribute important information for bus drivers.
Step 8: Enhance your visit by selecting a Zoo School class.
These grade-specific, themed animal presentations offer kids hands-on learning experiences while addressing core academic standards. An extra fee applies to these programs.