Student research program guidelines
Review the following program guidelines to ensure they fit your course objectives.
- Passes are issued to college and high school instructors following submission of a project request form. Passes are not issued directly to students.
- Passes cost $20/student and are valid for 15 visits or a maximum of 75 days from date of purchase, whichever comes first.
- Passes must be requested at least two weeks prior to the start of research.
- Unused passes may be returned to the Education Department for a full refund.
- Lost or damaged tickets will not be replaced. Students will need to go back to their instructor to purchase a new one.
- Member benefits do not apply.
- Passes do not grant students special access to zoo staff or exhibits.
- Student projects cannot include procedures or techniques that involve disturbing or manipulating the animals or visitors.
- Students interested in publishing their project results must go through the Zoo’s formal approval process. Contact the zoo at 503-220-5774 for more information.
- Instructors must agree to provide the zoo with a copy of two or three of the best student final reports by the term end date.