Sunset at the Zoo, presented by Banfield Pet Hospital, is a series of evening "late hours" in the park.
Each Sunset event features animals that are active at dusk, fun activities for families, pettable animals, Wildlife Live talks, and live entertainment in small vignettes around the zoo grounds.
Enhanced food offerings, as well as local beer and wine service, make this the perfect place for dinner al fresco while enjoying the best of Portland on a summer evening.
August 6 schedule of events
Bear Walk Plaza
- 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. - live music: The Junebugs
Trillium Creek Farm
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. - pettable animals; construction photo opp
- 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. - live music: Choro da Alegria
Pacific Shores Plaza
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Oregon College Savings Plan: game with prizes
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Game: How far can you jump?
- 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. - Wildlife Live animal talks
- 6:15 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. - Banfield's Howl & Meow Contest at the stage
- 6:45 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. - Wildlife Live animal talks
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Craft activity, temporary tattoos (fundraiser for ZooKeeper Association), floor puzzles & Green Mountain Energy
- 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. - live music: Eric Stern Trio
Sunset at the Zoo takes place every other Wednesday during July and August. Dates:
Banfield Pet Hospital® is proud to partner with the Oregon Zoo and continually donates their professional time, equipment and resources to support the Zoo.