Oregon Zoo's education team invites teachers to an open house to network and explore some ways to incorporate the zoo and Metro parks and green spaces into your classroom curriculum.
This event is an informal opportunity for you to:
- Meet a couple of our wildlife ambassadors – a prehensile-tailed porcupine and boa constrictor – up close. Did you know you can invite these animals to your classroom?
- Take a behind-the-scenes tour of the zoo’s new veterinary teaching hospital
- Participate in an informal question and answer session about our new Education Center – we want your feedback!
- Enter your creative suggestions for the new teacher newsletter
- Win unique prizes, like a behind-the-scenes tour, a family membership to the zoo, and a fieldtrip for your whole class.
We'll have some appetizers on-hand, and non-alcoholic beverages for you to enjoy. We hope you can make it!
Pre-registration required. Please confirm your spot with Alison Heimowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.