Help maintain and manage a robust core of volunteers that aid in the zoo's mission of conservation and education.
Suitable for undergraduate or graduate level college students with course work in management, communications or personnel management. Course credit and letters of recommendation are available, however this is an unpaid internship.
Work at the volunteer office is very diverse, and interns will assist in many different areas. Possible assignments include:
- interviewing new volunteers
- training new volunteers at orientation
- recruitment of community volunteers
- event management
- scheduling volunteers
- evaluating volunteers
- work with volunteers implementing zoo educational programs.
To apply, send the following:
- cover letter
Your cover letter should address:
- What kind of course work and/or experience do you have in science?
- What kind of course work and/or experience do you have working with animals?
- What kind of course work and/or experience do you have working with children or teenagers?
Fall term – Sept. 20
Winter term – Nov. 15
Spring term – Feb. 15
Summer term – April 5
4001 SW Canyon Road
Portland, OR 97221