Every year, the zoo holds events ranging from Rabbit Romp in spring to ZooLights in winter. Community event volunteers contribute to the events by staffing activity and craft tables.
Community event volunteers have front-row seats for some of the zoo's most beloved festivals and celebrations. If you are 12 years or older and enjoy working with people of all ages, apply for one or more shifts at the following events:
- Rabbit Romp in March or April (Full for 2015)
- Howloween in October (Full for 2015)
- ZooLights in December (Full for 2015)
At each event, you'll receive on-the-job training while working with zoo staff and volunteers at activity and craft tables.
How to apply
Volunteer information for each event is available approximately one month before the event date.
- Apply for an event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If openings are available, you'll receive pertinent information and a release form.
Please note, event volunteer opportunities are designed for individuals, not groups, as space is limited. If you have a group of volunteers that would like to work together, please refer to our group volunteer opportunities.