Be a part of the ZooLights tradition!
ZooLights is a longstanding and beloved Portland tradition, with thousands of visitors most nights. During the festival, the zoo is ablaze with the glow of more than 1.5 million lights, with music and entertainment every evening. We will be booking voluntary performances almost every night that ZooLights is in operation, and we hope you can join us in making this the most memorable ZooLights yet!
ZooLights will run Friday, November 24, 2017 through Sunday, January 7, 2018 with the exception of December 24-25 and January 1-4. Hours are from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Thursday and from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday to Sunday.
- Performers will be located at a covered area but not indoors, please dress appropriately.
- A piano, small PA, and 1 music stand will be provided. Additional equipment or instruments will need to be delivered, unloaded, and transported by your group.
- Due to layout restrictions, we cannot accommodate dancers
- Groups are limited to 20 performers
- Performances should be 30 minutes in length
- Groups are allotted 15 minutes between performances for set up
- Performances should be seasonal in nature and family-friendly
Performers and limited chaperones (if applicable) will receive free ZooLights tickets and are welcome to enjoy the entire evening's festivities. School groups receive one chaperone ticket for every five performers; unfortunately additional tickets for performer families are not complimentary.
We look forward to your group joining our ZooLights festival! Performance times will be assigned based on when the completed application forms arrive in our office. Please check the schedule for open dates and times before submitting your form. Due to demand, not all groups may be scheduled, but we will make every effort to accommodate as many as possible. Email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.