The Community Advocacy Council, or CAC, provides feedback on zoo projects, programs, and activities, with an emphasis on diversity, equity, and inclusion using a community-centered approach.
How does the CAC define community?
The CAC defines a community as a group of people sharing common identities and/or values who collaborate towards a common goal. We believe that an intentional community leads with their most vulnerable members at the forefront, in order to center and uplift the voices of the systematically marginalized and create inclusive spaces that encourage a sense of care and belonging.
CAC Member Qualifications
- Young adults age 21-34
- Passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Interest in providing feedback and counsel on zoo projects, programs, and activities
- Commit to two years of active participation
CAC Member benefits
- Monthly stipend for participation
- Opportunity to build community with other emerging leaders
- Free admission to the Oregon Zoo (you and 1 guest)
- Personal growth and professional development opportunities
At this time, we are not accepting applications. Please check back in Fall 2023 for an update. We appreciate your patience.