Explore Wasted Food with ZooAmbassadors!
Get ready for family fun and games with a conservation message.
Ready to have fun?
This summer come enjoy the Oregon Zoo in a whole new way through ZooQuest – the zoo-wide conservation scavenger hunt that runs from June 22 through August 24. Look for ZooAmbassador volunteers wearing yellow shirts to play games, learn about avoiding wasted food, and help wildlife right from your own home.
How to play ZooQuest:
- ZooQuest is a free game run by ZooAmbassador volunteers that runs during the summer.
- Upon arrival to the Oregon Zoo, look for a yellow Zoo Quest cart and request a passport. This fun activity-filled booklet will lead you through the game.
- Follow the clues in the passport to find activity stations. You may do these in any order, following any path in the zoo.
- Play games and gather passport stamps at each cart.
- After filling your passport with stamps, collect a special reward at a ZooQuest cart before leaving the Oregon Zoo for the day!
Interested in being a ZooAmbassador volunteer?
While applications are closed for 2019, it’s never too early to think about 2020! Applications will open in early spring 2020. ZooAmbassadors welcomes a wide audience of volunteers, with youth as young as 10 years old welcome to participate. To become a ZooAmbassador, you will receive 5 hours of training on wildlife protection, interpretation and conservation as it relates to the ZooQuest game. Please note that Zoo Ambassadors do not work or interact with zoo animals.
Our program welcomes job coaches or personal aides for program participants, if you have a client interested in this program please contact our Community Conservation Volunteer Coordinator for more information prior to completing an application form.
How to apply
Applications are all completed online. Applications are currently closed. Please check back in early spring 2020.