The 2018 Summer Solstice 5K run will take place at Oregon Zoo.
Join us on the summer solstice for the Oregon Road Runners Club’s Summer Solstice 5K, Kids’ Fun Run (ages 3–11) and Tot Trot (ages 0–2) inside the Oregon Zoo. This event is open to all runners and walkers. Dinner on the concert lawn is included.
The loop course, run entirely within the Zoo, will give participants the chance to see the Elephant Lands, the African Rainforest, Pacific Shores and the Primate Forest.
Purchase a limited-edition event T-shirt—all proceeds go to the Oregon Zoo Foundation to benefit the chimpanzees!
Race Registration Includes:
• Entrance to the zoo and its exhibits starting at 5 p.m.
• Custom Summer Solstice at the Oregon Zoo race bib.
• Cold treat (ice cream or popsicle) at the finish.
• Treats for Kids Run & Tot Trot participants.
• For all Kids' Fun Run, Kids 5K & 5K (Adult/youth) registrations -- you also get a voucher for a meal of a Zenner's All Natural Hot Dog Meal, chips, and soda plus a voucher for an elephant ear. There is no meal included with Tot Trot registration (0–2 years old).
• Access to the zoo’s concert lawn for a picnic after hours.
All 5K, Kids' Fun Run, and Tot Trot participants will receive specially designed custom bibs for this event. For those not registered as walkers or runners, you'll receive an ORRC wristband with your entry fee to identify you as part of our event.
The Oregon Zoo encourages all guests to take public transport to the zoo, which is located five minutes from downtown Portland, and is accessible by MAX Light Rail line. Visit Explore Washington Park for transportation and parking information.