An interactive workshop presented by the Oregon Chapter of the Wildlife Society & Oregon Zoo
This workshop will provide Pacific Northwest hunters and wildlife professionals with an interactive forum to learn about and discuss the effects of lead ingestion on wildlife in Oregon, the ballistics of non-lead ammunition, and ways to reduce lead's impact on wildlife. Panel discussions will provide participants with opportunities to share their experiences and contribute ideas towards a strategy to reduce wildlife exposure to lead ammunition in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest.
- Overview of lead and wildlife issues in other states
- Current field research in Oregon
- Hunter opinions, attitudes, and experiences
- Ballistics and effectiveness of non-lead ammunition
- Engaging hunters to help solve the problem