Join the summer fun, become a Zoo Ambassador!
Zoo Ambassadors will volunteer to help with the Zoo Quest game for one 4-hr shift per week from June 23- September 3, 2018. The Zoo Quest is a fun, interactive scavenger hunt activity that engages young zoo guests and their families. This year we will be exploring the impact of wasted food on wildlife and offering easy, accessible ways our guests can help. Volunteers will become experts and run various hands-on learning stations around the Oregon Zoo to engage with the public and offer ways to help wildlife through reducing wasted food.
- can be a family or individual volunteer experience*
- is short term, June- September
- is one 4-hr shift per week
- requires 5 hours of training in late May/ early June
- is a much-needed help for the zoo
- provides a chance to make a difference
- has an age minimum of 10 years old with parent, 15 years old without parent
*Please note: Those who are 10-14 years old must volunteer with one consistent adult such as a parent, relative, or close family friend.
The adult must also actively participate in the Zoo Ambassador program alongside the youth, including completing a separate Zoo Ambassador application, attending orientation and trainings and actively participating in the Zoo Ambassador program alongside the youth.
Get involved and help the Oregon Zoo make a difference!
How to apply
1. Choose one of the required Informational orientations to attend (you will sign up during the application process)
Informational orientations options are:
Wednesday: April 25, 6-7 pm
Saturday: April 28, 9-10 am
Sunday: April 29, 10-11 am
Saturday, May 19, 9-10 am
Please note all volunteers who are 18 yrs old and older must successfully complete a background check.
Our program welcomes job coaches or personal aides for program participants, if you have a client interested in this program please contact our Volunteer Coordinator for more information prior to completing an application form.