Today’s programs and events
- Zoo opens at 9:30 a.m.
- Animal activities: 9:45 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Special events
- Book an animal encounter or behind-the-scenes tour here
- Zoolights starts at 4 p.m. and lights are on by 5 p.m. (Nov. 21 - Jan. 5 with no Zoolights on Dec. 24, 25).
Train and carousel
- The zoo train and carousel are running every ZooLights evening starting at 4:45pm.
- Cascade Grill is open Friday - Sunday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Africafe is open daily starting at 11 a.m.
- Cascade to Go kiosk is open at 9:30 a.m.
- Coffee Crossing is open from 10 a.m.
- Elephant Ears is open at 11 a.m.
- Trailhead Snacks is open at 11:30 a.m.
Construction or accessibility notes
Animal habitats closed while we complete the final community-funded bond projects:
- Orangutans - returning 2020
- Rhinos - returning 2020
- Hippos - closed permanently to expand rhino habitat
- Polar bears - returning 2020
Learn more about the new habitats and the other bond-funded projects.
Guests are strongly encouraged to ride MAX to the zoo, especially during busy weekends and event days.
All Washington Park attractions use a Pay-to-Park system. Parking fees mirror downtown's daytime hourly rate of $2/hour with a $8 daily maximum. ($3 per hour during ZooLights)
Ride transit and receive $1.50 off admission with each proof of ridership.