Is ZooLights continuing in light of the new restrictions?
Yes! We designed the drive through ZooLights experience to provide a safe way for our community to continue this holiday tradition.
To keep everyone safe:
- Timed-entry tickets must be purchased in advance online
- Masks are required for drivers while interacting with zoo staff during check-in
How does the drive-through experience work?
You'll purchase one ticket for each vehicle. When you arrive at the zoo, you'll join a queue to check-in curbside, then proceed to the drive-through entrance. The route will take you on the widest paths of the zoo, including some behind-the-scenes areas around the outside of Elephant Lands. You will see a lot of the same lights as the walk-through experience, from animated animals to immersive tunnels of lights and whimsical displays. The drive through the zoo will take approximately 25-35 minutes. Please note that there is no stopping in the zoo, and you will not be able to exit your car once you are on the ZooLights path. When you purchase your tickets, you'll have the option to add on snacks and souvenirs, which will be available for pick-up at the check-in station.
Things to Note
- For guest safety, all tailgates, van/car doors and hatchbacks must remain closed at all times. Riding in the back of a pickup truck is not permitted
- Remain in your vehicle during the entire tour
- No restrooms are available inside the zoo
- Please turn your headlights off if possible, and turn on your parking lights
- Follow the guided route at an even pace of 3-4 miles per hour and keep a minimum distance of 6' from the vehicle in front of you
- Do not shine bright lights into animal habitats. Items such as laser pointers and flashlights are prohibited
- Loud noises are not permitted, including honking, music and yelling
- The following are prohibited during Zoolights, including in your vehicle:
– Smoking and vaping
– Pets (except ADA-compliant service animals)
- No pedestrian traffic, bicycles, or motorcycles.
- While times may vary, the estimated time to drive through the ZooLights experience is 25-35 minutes.
- Face coverings are mandatory for anyone in the vehicle who may interact with zoo staff, such as during check-in
- The Oregon Zoo is not responsible for any collisions or damage to your vehicle during the event
- Vehicle size must be no larger than a full-size long bed truck. Maximum vehicle sizes are: 12’ high, 8.5’ wide, 20’ long. Vehicles with loud exhaust or engine modifications will not be permitted entry, for the sake of animal welfare. No chains or studded tires are permitted within zoo grounds.
Will ZooLights close for inclement weather?
If the decision is made to close the zoo, we will send an email to all ticket purchasers for whom we have an address, an announcement will be made to local news outlets, on our website and our social media pages. Refunds will be automatically issued to those affected by a closure.
Are there food options available?
Treats can be pre-ordered when you purchase your ticket, and will be available for pick-up when you check-in.
Why is ZooLights pricing different for different nights?
Attendance typically peaks on weekends and the weeks surrounding school winter break. Reduced admission on some evenings offers guests an opportunity to save money while visiting on nights that are less busy.