Sunset at the Zoo, presented by Banfield Pet Hospital, is a series of evening "late hours" in the park.
Each Sunset event features animals that are active at dusk, fun activities for families, pettable animals, Wildlife Live talks, and live entertainment in small vignettes around the zoo grounds.
Enhanced food offerings, as well as local beer and wine service, make this the perfect place for dinner al fresco while enjoying the best of Portland on a summer evening.
July 9 schedule of events
- 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. - live music: Sneakin’ Out
Trillium Creek Farm
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. - pettable animals; construction photo opp
Pacific Shores Plaza
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Glow-in-the-dark tattoos (fundraiser for ZooKeeper Association)
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Game: How far can you jump?
- 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. - Wildlife Live animal talks
- 6:15 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. - Banfield's Howl & Meow Contest at the stage
- 6:45 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. - Wildlife Live animal talks
Sankuru Trader (Africa, near flamingos)
- 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. - live music: Rio Con Brio
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Craft activity, Oregon College Savings Plan and Green Mountain Energy
- 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. - live music: Stringed Migration
Sunset at the Zoo takes place every other Wednesday during July and August. Dates:
Banfield Pet Hospital® is proud to partner with the Oregon Zoo and continually donates their professional time, equipment and resources to support the Zoo.