The Oregon Zoo is open every day of the year, except Dec. 25.
The zoo is open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and the grounds are open until 7 p.m.
Hours change seasonally
- Summer (May 24 to Sept. 1, 2014) 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., grounds open until 7 p.m.
- Fall (Sept. 2 to Jan. 4, 2015) 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., grounds open until 5 p.m.
- Winter (Jan. 5 to Feb. 28, 2015) 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., grounds open until 5 pm.
- Spring (March 1 to May 23, 2015) 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., grounds open until 5 p.m.
Adults (12–64): $11.50
Seniors (65 and up): $10
Children (3–11): $8.50
2 and under: Free
Cash, credit or debit cards are accepted. Checks or money orders are not accepted.
- Zoo After 2: buy-one-get-one admissions after 2 p.m. on Monday - Friday from August 5 to September 30. Explore the zoo in the afternoon for half the price! Ask for the deal at the ticket booth after 2 pm. Second ticket must be of equal or lesser value. Not valid with any other offer or discount.
- Visit the zoo for only $4 on the second Tuesday of each month. Second Tuesday tickets are not available as print-at-home tickets.
- Taking a large group to the zoo? Twenty or more paid admissions qualify for a group rate when purchased in one transaction.
- Ride the bus or light rail to the zoo, show your transit ticket or TriMet pass and get $1.50 off the price of admission.
Parking fees mirror downtown Portland's hourly rate of $1.60/ hour with a $4 daily maximum during the non-peak season, and $6.40 daily maximum during peak season. Peak season will be April 1 – Sep. 30, and non-peak season will run from Oct. 1 – March 31.
Buy print-at-home tickets for up to 19 paid guests and/or print free tickets at home for children ages 2 and under. When you purchase tickets online you can bypass ticket lines. Print-at-home ticketing is via a secure site, hosted by Gateway Ticketing Systems. It requires a PDF viewer like Adobe Readerand a printer. Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-226-7627
Bring your class to the zoo and expose students to one of Oregon's most vivid learning experiences.
Unlock the secrets of the zoo and learn about your favorite animal at talk boxes on zoo grounds. Purchase a zoo key with your admission or any zoo retail location for $2.50.
- black bears
- bald eagles
- mountain goats
- naked mole rats
- polar bears
Social service agencies
Are you a client, provider or otherwise affiliated with a social service agency? The Oregon Zoo offers free admission to social service agencies.
Eligible providers work with government agencies to provide:
- adoption services
- child and family services
- health care
- mental health programs
- programs for seniors
- programs for homeless clients
Submit your request at least 30 days prior to your desired date. Designate the approximate number of clients and chaperones.
Rarely, the zoo closes because of ice, snow or other weather-related conditions. In the case of a closure, updates are posted on the front page of the website. When in doubt, call the zoo’s main telephone number, 503-226-1561, for up-to-date information.