The Oregon Zoo is open every day of the year, except Dec. 25.
Hours change seasonally
- May 27, 2017 to Sept. 4, 2017 - 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sept. 5, 2017 to May 25, 2018 - 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Grounds remain open for one hour after closing.
Peak season (March 1 to Sept. 30)
Adult (12–64): $14.95
Off-peak season (Oct. 1 to Feb. 28)
Adult (12–64): $9.95
Cash, credit or debit cards are accepted. Checks or money orders are not accepted.
- Visit the zoo for only $4 on the second Tuesday of each month. Second Tuesday tickets are not available as print-at-home tickets.
- Taking a large group to the zoo? Twenty or more paid admissions qualify for a group rate when purchased in one transaction.
- Ride the bus or light rail to the zoo, show your transit ticket or TriMet pass and get $1.50 off the price of admission.
- Veterans and active service members and retirees receive a $2 discount when they show a military or veteran organization ID, discharge papers or other official military identification. Discount does not apply to dependents, family or friends accompanying military personnel.
Parking fees mirror downtown Portland's hourly rate of $1.60/ hour with a $4 daily maximum during the non-peak season, and $6.40 daily maximum during peak season. Peak season will be April 1 – Sep. 30, and non-peak season will run from Oct. 1 – March 31.
How you pay for parking is different during ZooLights. Read more about Washington Park transportation options here.
Purchasing your tickets online lets you skip the lines at the entrance and come enjoy the zoo sooner. Choose from one of two delivery options - either "Print at home" for tickets you can print out on paper or "Print on web" for mobile-friendly tickets you can use on your phone right away. Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-226-1567.
Bring your class to the zoo and expose students to one of Oregon's most vivid learning experiences.
Unlock the secrets of the zoo and learn about your favorite animal at talk boxes on zoo grounds. Purchase a zoo key with your admission or any zoo retail location for $2.50.
Social service agencies
Are you a client, provider or otherwise affiliated with a social service agency? The Oregon Zoo offers free admission to social service agencies. Eligible providers work with government agencies to provide:
- adoption services
- child and family services
- health care
- mental health programs
- programs for seniors
- programs for homeless clients
Submit your request at least 30 days prior to your desired date. Designate the approximate number of clients and chaperones.
Rarely, the zoo closes because of ice, snow or other weather-related conditions. In the case of a closure, updates are posted on the front page of the website. When in doubt, call the zoo’s main telephone number, 503-226-1561, for up-to-date information.