The ZooStore lets you bring a zoo memory home. Inside it is bursting with unique animal-inspired gifts, from intricate handmade ornaments to cuddly plush toys.
Need a quick gift? The store is open every day of the year except Christmas. It is located in the zoo's entry plaza; you don't have to buy a ticket to the zoo to shop.
No admission required to enter.
Winter (Jan. 1 to Feb. 29)
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Spring (March 1 to May 25)
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Summer (May 26 to Sept. 3)
9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Fall (Sept. 4 to Dec. 31)
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Zoo members receive a 10-percent discount with a membership card.
Sustainably made gifts
The zoo is committed to conservation in all aspects. The ZooStore offers artisanal gifts, made from recycled or repurposed materials:
- paper bead jewelry from Uganda
- natures ivory
- carved tagua nut figurines and jewelry from Ecuador
- rainforest seed earrings, handmade in Costa Ricafair trade
- hand-crafted, recycled cotton paper cards and journals
- bath and body products locally made and palm oil free
Animal toys, games and activities
You fell in love with the zoo's caracal cats? Take one home – a plush cat, that is! The ZooStore's plush zoo-within-the-zoo is the place for a squeezable gift for a special someone. Other animal-themed gifts you'll find include:
- T-shirts, many animal-themed, of course
- CDs of world music
- candy and fudge
- animal replica toys
- books about animals and keeping the planet green
You can also find Packy swag. Celebrate the zoo's most famous resident, the beloved Asian elephant Packy, born in 1962.
Get caught by surprise?
The ZooStore has you covered, both from the elements and life's small surprises, with
- gloves and mittenssocks with stripes, spots and more
- umbrellas from Portland's own ShedRain Corporation
- kids' animal-themed raincoats
- cold medicine
Forget your stroller? Strollers, as well as wheelchairs and electric scooters, are available to rent.