Planning a trip today? While perusing your favorite exhibits, don't forget to check out these activities.
Today's programs and events
- Winter hours: Today, the zoo hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and visitors can stay on grounds until 5 p.m.
- The Cascade to Go kiosk is open at 9 a.m.
- AfriCafé is open from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Elephant Ears Cart is open at 10 a.m.
Construction or accessibility notes
- Penguins are temporarily staying in a section of the polar bear habitat while the Penguinarium is recoated. They will move back in late December.
- The Insect Zoo is temporarily closed while the new zoo education center undergoes construction. Visit an all-new Insect Zoo in the Nature Exploration Station, opening in 2017.
- The zoo train is currently closed due to construction. Check back this summer for an all-new station.
All Washington Park attractions use a Pay-to-Park system. Parking fees mirror downtown's hourly rate of $1.60/ hour with a $4 daily maximum during the non-peak season, and $6.40 daily maximum during peak season. Peak season is April 1 – September 30, and non-peak season runs from October 1 – March 31.
Ride transit and receive $1.50 off admission with each proof of ridership.