Today's programs and events
- On Wednesday, June 21 and Friday, June 23, the concert lawn area and Elephantlands will be closed starting at 3:45 p.m. Elephants can be viewed from North Meadow Terrace, and the paths at both Primates and Predators will dead end, requiring exit back through the entrance.
- Wildlife Live shows will not be performing on June 21 and June 23.
- Animal activities: 10:45 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Special events
- The Insect Zoo and Education Center are now open!
- Check out puppet shows and skits about recycling and conserving resources! 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. in the Nature Exploration Station on June 24, July 8 and 22, August 5, 19, 26
- Zoo hours: Today, the zoo hours are 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., and visitors can stay on grounds until 7 p.m.
- The Cascade to Go kiosk is open at 9:30 a.m.
- Elephant Ears Cart is open at 10 a.m.
- Coffee Crossing is open at 10 a.m.
Construction or accessibility notes
- Ringtails are currently off-habitat.
Train and Carousel
- The zoo train is running daily, weather permitting. The first train of the day leaves the station at 10:30 a.m. and is currently operating on the 6-minute loop.
- The carousel is also running daily, weather permitting. The first carousel ride is at 10:30 a.m.
All Washington Park attractions use a Pay-to-Park system. Parking fees mirror downtown's hourly rate of $1.60/ hour with a $4 daily maximum during the non-peak season, and $6.40 daily maximum during peak season. Peak season is April 1 – Sept. 30, and non-peak season runs from Oct. 1 – March 31.
Ride transit and receive $1.50 off admission with each proof of ridership.