Planning a trip today? While perusing your favorite exhibits, don't forget to check out these activities.
Today's programs and events
- Cub viewing: lion cubs will be outside on dry days that are above 45 degrees
- Lorikeet Landing is open
Construction or accessibility notes
- Not all animals may be visible during cold weather, as some may choose to stay indoors
- Visitor path from Bearwalk cafe through Red Ape Reserve and will be closed until spring, 2014. Alternate paths are available.
- Visitor path from Cougars through Family Farm will be closed until spring, 2014
- Condors of the Columbia is scheduled to open in May, 2014
The zoo railway is temporarily out of service, as construction crews begin laying track for a new train route — one designed to provide unique views of animals as well as improved looks at ZooLights. Construction managers anticipate trains will be running on the new route for ZooLights 2014.
A new Pay-to-Park system begins Jan. 10, 2014 for all Washington Park attractions. Parking fees will mirror downtown's hourly rate of $1.60/ hour with a $4 daily maximum during the non-peak season, and $6.40 daily maximum during peak season. Peak season will be April 1st – September 30th, and non-peak season will run from October 1st – March 31st.
Ride transit and receive $1.50 off admission with each proof of ridership.