The Oregon Zoo is open every day of the year, except Dec. 25.
Hours change seasonally
- May 26, 2018 to Sept. 3, 2018 - 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sept. 4, 2018 to May 24, 2019 - 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Grounds remain open one hour after close.
Adult (12–64): $17.95
Senior/ military (65 and up): $15.95
Youth (3–11): $12.95
2 and under: Free
Cash, credit or debit cards are accepted. Checks or money orders are not accepted.
- Visit the zoo for only $5 on the second Tuesday of each month from September through May. Instead of Second Tuesdays, in June, July, and August we have Twilight Tuesdays. Second Tuesday tickets are not available as print-at-home tickets.
- Zoo For All: Qualifying Oregon and Washington individuals and families can purchase admission tickets for only $5 per person.
- Taking a large group to the zoo? Twenty or more paid admissions qualify for a group rate when purchased in one transaction.
- Ride the bus or light rail to the zoo, show your transit ticket, HOP card, or TriMet pass and get $1.50 off the price of admission.
- Veterans and active service members and retirees receive a $2 discount when they show a military or veteran organization ID, discharge papers, or other official military identification. Discount does not apply to dependents, family, or friends accompanying military personnel.
Parking fees mirror downtown Portland's hourly rate of $2/ hour with a $8 daily maximum.
Purchasing your tickets online lets you skip the lines at the entrance and come enjoy the zoo sooner. Choose from one of two delivery options - either "Print at home" for tickets you can print out on paper or "Instant ticket" for mobile-friendly tickets you can use on your phone right away. Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-226-1567.
Bring your class to the zoo and expose students to one of Oregon's most vivid learning experiences.
Unlock the secrets of the zoo and learn about your favorite animal at talk boxes on zoo grounds. Purchase a zoo key with your admission or any zoo retail location for $2.50.
Social service agencies
Are you a client, provider or otherwise affiliated with a social service agency? The Oregon Zoo offers free admission to social service agencies. Eligible providers work with government agencies to provide:
- adoption services
- child and family services
- health care
- mental health programs
- programs for seniors
- programs for homeless clients
Submit your request at least 30 days prior to your desired date. Designate the approximate number of clients and chaperones.
Rarely, the zoo closes because of ice, snow or other weather-related conditions. In the case of a closure, updates are posted on the front page of the website. When in doubt, call the zoo’s main telephone number, 503-226-1561, for up-to-date information.