About the foundation
The Oregon Zoo Foundation is an independent nonprofit that encourages charitable giving in order to advance the zoo's mission of inspiring the community to create a better future for wildlife. Since 1997, the foundation has contributed more than $65 million to the Oregon Zoo to enhance efforts in conservation, education and animal welfare, thanks to generous support from:
- Individual donors: From Conservation Circle to the Wildlife Legacy Society to Wildlife Partners, the foundation relies on gifts from individuals to help the zoo fulfill its mission of creating a better future for wildlife.
- Corporate partnerships: Through zoo exhibits, programs and events, the foundation offers businesses premium exposure and zoo access, along with an opportunity to give back to the community.
- Grants: The foundation pursues funding from foundations that are committed to providing grants that support the zoo's conservation and education programs.
- Special events: Events large and small hosted by the foundation help generate support for the zoo.
- Membership program: The Oregon Zoo Foundation also manages the zoo's membership program, which encompasses approximately 40,000 households in Oregon, Washington and beyond. Learn more about our history.
By supporting the Oregon Zoo Foundation, you are making an important investment in the future of our natural world.
We are proud to announce that Charity Navigator has issued a 4-star rating for the Oregon Zoo Foundation. The 4-star rating indicates that Oregon Zoo Foundation adheres to the fundraising sector's best practices and executes its mission in a financially efficient way. Attaining a 4-star rating verifies that Oregon Zoo Foundation exceeds industry standards and outperforms most charities in our area of work.
4001 SW Canyon Road
Portland, OR 97221