The Oregon Zoo Foundation is an independent nonprofit that encourages charitable giving in order to advance the zoo's mission of inspiring the community to create a better future for wildlife. Since 1997, the foundation has contributed more than $65 million to the Oregon Zoo to enhance efforts in conservation, education and animal welfare.
About the foundation
The Oregon Zoo Foundation provides approximately $3 million per year to enhance the zoo's work on behalf of wildlife at home and around the world, thanks to generous support from:
- Individual donations: From Conservation Circle to the Wildlife Legacy Society to Wildlife Partners, the foundation relies on gifts from individuals to help the zoo fulfill its mission of creating a better future for wildlife.
- Corporate partnerships: Through zoo exhibits, programs and events, the foundation offers businesses premium exposure and zoo access, along with an opportunity to give back to the community.
- Grants: The foundation pursues funding from foundations that are committed to providing grants that support the zoo's conservation and education programs.
- Special events: Events large and small hosted by the foundation help generate support for the zoo.
- Membership program: The Oregon Zoo Foundation also manages the zoo's membership program, which encompasses approximately 40,000 households in Oregon, Washington and beyond. Learn more about our history.
Help us expand our reach
Conservation, wildlife and community service form the fabric of the Oregon Zoo’s outreach programs, which include heading into our surrounding communities with education programs for children of all ages. One of the zoo’s many community programs is an innovative partnership with Quatama Elementary in Hillsboro, Oregon. Zoo education staff and Quatama teachers have collaborated to develop curriculum about salmon, using an environmental literacy model that emphasizes learning through active firsthand experiences. From restoring native habitat to releasing juvenile salmon in local rivers, the students are engaging in activities that inspire them to be lifelong stewards of the environment.
By supporting the Oregon Zoo Foundation, you are making an important investment in the future of our natural world. Help the zoo reach even more places and people. Make a gift online now.
4001 SW Canyon Road
Portland, OR 97221