Welcome spring with candy hunts, coloring activities, and farm animal talks at Rabbit Romp!
Bring the kids to Rabbit Romp, a celebration of spring geared at the 10-and-under crowd.
Candy hunts and coloring activities will begin at 9:30 a.m. There will be two separate hunts on the concert lawn: one for kids 3 to 10 and one for kids 2 and under. The hunts for candy and prizes will take place every 15 to 20 minutes between 9:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Hunters should bring their own baskets to collect the prizes and candy. Because of the popularity of this event, children will only be allowed to participate in a hunt one time, though other activities can be repeated. Parents are not allowed in most hunts, but accommodations will be made for families requiring assistance.
- 8:30 a.m. Zoo open to members
- 9:30 a.m. Zoo gates open
- 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Kids can get their photos taken with the Easter Bunny at Turtle Terrace and there will be education/activity/coloring stations at Elephant Plaza
- 9:30 to 3 p.m. Candy hunts and coloring activities at Elephant Lands and candy/prize hunts on the concert lawn
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Animal meet and greets at the Family Farm
- 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Ambassador animal meet and greets at Elephant Plaza
Rabbit Romp is a great event for the whole family, with photo opportunities, games, activities and animal experiences along with educational fun.
Free with zoo admission.
Parking is $2/hour or $8/day, and lots tend to fill up quickly—so taking public transport is encouraged. Call 503-238-RIDE (7433) or visit Trimet for fare and route information.