Bring your students to the Oregon Zoo for an outdoor adventure that will ignite their imagination and build on classroom learning.
How to Reserve Your Field Trip
Follow the steps below to schedule your field trip experience. If you have questions, please view our FAQs.
Step 1: Meet the criteria
Ensure that your group meets all of the school group rate criteria and qualifies for the school group rate.
School group rate criteria
- Any accredited public or private school, preschool through 12th grade; state-registered daycare; college or university; or EPD-registered homeschool group from Oregon or Washington
- School group rates do not apply to camps
- Visit is scheduled at least two weeks in advance of your chosen date
- Minimum group size is 16 participants
- Ticket reservation must maintain a minimum ratio of 1 adult chaperone for every 8 students
School group rates and ticketing information
- Admission prices are $8 per person. Title 1 Schools receive a 50% discount on school group admission. This rate is only available with advance registration at least two weeks prior to your trip.
- Chaperones and teachers pay the same rate as students, minimum one chaperone per every eight students.
- Teachers will be sent a wristband for every paid admission. Make sure students, chaperones and teachers has a wristband and is wearing it before arriving at the zoo.
- Wristbands are valid only on the day of your scheduled field trip and are non-refundable.
- You can make adjustments to your ticket order up to two week prior to your visit or until your order is paid.
- Additional tickets may be purchased, if space is available, at the school group rate up to 3 DAYS BEFORE the day of your visit by emailing email@example.com.
- The school group rate is not available on the day of your visit. Tickets purchased on the day of your field trip will cost $18 per person for everyone 2 years old and up.
- Membership benefits cannot be applied to school group admission.
Step 2: Reserve your field trip date
Due to an unexpected delay, we will begin accepting field trip reservations for the 2021-2022 school year on September 9, 2021.
Field trips reservations are available Monday – Friday from September 22 – June 10. Create an account or login above to make reservations for your school group by clicking on the hyperlinked text – Reserve Your Field Trip. You will be guided through the registration process, including payment options, using the zoo's online registration system.
Field Trip payment at registration is not required; however, full payment is due at least 2 weeks in advance of your scheduled visit. Please Note: If payment is not received 14 days before your visit, your reservation is no longer valid and will be canceled; you will have to re-register. If you book a field trip within 2 weeks of your scheduled visit date, credit card payment is due upon receipt of the invoice. If payment is not received within one business day after reservation request, your reservation is no longer valid and you will have to re-register. You will receive a confirmation email once your registration is complete.
(For most users, Google Chrome is the browser that works best for this.)
Are you modifying an existing reservation? Login to your account above to make changes and/or pay for your trip. If canceling an existing reservation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: Print and distribute the zoo's Field Trip Guide.
This guide is designed to provide the best experiences for you, your chaperones, and your students.
Step 4: Print and distribute information on car parking and other transportation options or information on school bus loading and unloading.
Have a wonderful field trip!