This preceptorship is offered to fourth-year veterinary students with a serious interest in zoological medicine. Ideally, candidates should have completed their anesthesia, internal medicine and radiology rotations prior to participation.
This preceptorship offers experience in:
- Chemical and physical immobilization
- Clinical and anatomical pathology (postmortem examinations)
- Diagnosis and treatment of ongoing clinical cases
- The components of a zoo-based preventative medicine program, including quarantine
Visit oregonmetro.gov/jobs and select "View job opportunities."
Required documentation includes:
- One-page cover letter explaining your long-term career goals and interest in zoological medicine
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Two letters of reference
- Veterinary college academic transcript and/or GPA and enrollment status
- Three possible date requests in order of preference for a duration of 6-8 weeks
Carlos R. Sanchez DVM MSc
(Wild Animal Health) Veterinarian